Thursday, May 29, 2008

Come, my son, and walk with me

Come, my son, and walk with me.
join me in worship, my beloved.
So great is my joy and yet great is my sorrow - please
come, my son, and walk with me.

You are my promise, my faith come true
and though I do not understand -
come, my son, and walk with me.

A three-day journey lie ahead and then
we'll know where to He has called me –
and thus called you.
We must, my son, go – please
come, my son, and walk with me.

The walk is long, and I grow weary.
Every step, my burden heavy.
This wood and knife mock me,
reminding me of what lies ahead.
But endure we must – so
come, my son, and walk with me.

The questions you ask burn my soul
and resonate in my heart.
Trust my son, we must trust.
For He is the One who has called us.
He is the One who gave you to me...
and still He is the One leading us now.

Oh, come my son...
...despite your fears...
...despite your confusion...
...trust my love and follow closely – yes,
Come, my son, and walk with me.

We've arrived my son, at His chosen place
Let us worship Him together, in hope.
I am ready now to do His will
to trust His perfect word - please
Come, my son, and lay down.

Never, my son, would I hurt you.
Never, my son, would I try.
Always, my son, will I love you...
and trust Him alone for your life.

I don't understand, my son,
why I must bind you.
I don't understand, my son,
why you are the sacrifice.
Oh, my son, how I long for you to walk beside me.
But now, my son,
I must take your life.

My son, my son,
please forgive me.
Know, my son, why I ask you to trust.
He has called me to give you back to Him
an acceptable sacrifice.
I love you desperately, my son...
please don't doubt that...
but obey I must.

Close your eyes, my son - please
don't watch me raise this knife.
I love you, I love you, I love you, my son
and wish instead you could take my life.
But now, my son, I bless you
and give you into His hands.
Be at peace my son
and be with Him alone who understands.

But wait, behold!
What love, indeed!
Oh Lord, my Lord I cannot believe!
Gladly I drop my knife and
my son, my dearest son,
you are freed!!
The Lord, our Lord He has provided
a ram to sacrifice...and no longer
am I required to take your life!!
My son, my son you have been a gift to me
not once, but now twice.

My son, beloved son, you still walk with me.
Forever, my son, will I cry -
Praises to Him who spared you!
Praises to Him who gives the perfect sacrifice!
Praises to Him who loves you even more than I.

Forever and always my son, we must adore Him
For He alone is God.
Jehovah Jireh, He is our incredible Provider.
Because of Him we walk home together today...
in joy, no longer in sorrow.
Our burden light.
Our cares few.
Our faith strengthened and made new.

Yes, you know what to do -
Come, my son, and walk with me.
Adventures abound, not only for me -
but also for you.

No comments: