Monday, July 2, 2007

Rescue

Genesis 14:13-16

When Abram heard that his nephew was taken captive, he immediately set out to fight for and rescue him. He used all he had - men, tactics, and perseverance to get his nephew back. I ask of myself whether or not I do this for those I love who are in or near captivity. The kings of this world...acceptance, wealth, selfishness, drunkenness, lust, the desire to be wanted, gluttony, jealousy, sex, pride...they threaten to take us captive daily, just as the kings of the land took Lot and all he had captive.

Help me, Lord, to fight for the freedom of my brothers and sisters...help me to "pull out all the stops" to see them rescued. Open my eyes, Lord, to the situations around me where my siblings are imprisoned. Help me to take action ~ first on my knees and then in active battle for their souls. Help me to be like Abram and bring them back to You....

No comments: